Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's Time for a New Lesson

Good Tuesday morning!

Yesterday turned out to be a much busier day than we had planned. I worked on the layout below yesterday afternoon and last night. I hope you like the results.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


For today's lesson, you will need:

1 12 x 12 pc. cardstock
1 5 x 10 pc. patterned paper (PP)
1 2 1/2 x 8 1/2 patterned paper
1 6 x 8 patterned paper
1 3 x 5 1/2 patterned paper
1 2 x 4 1/2 patterned paper
rub ons or stamps
feathers
ribbon
ribbon slide
adhesive
buttons
alphas (I used Thickers)
ink

Procedure:

1. Ink the edges of your pieces of PP.

2. Take your piece of PP that is 5 x 10 and, at a slight slant, glue to the CS as shown below

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


3. Next, take your contrasting sheet of PP that is 2 1/2 x 8 1/2 and glue it, again on a slant, above the previously glued PP.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


4. Now, you are ready to add the widest piece of PP. This one goes on the left and is angled down towards the left corner a little bit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


5. The next piece of PP is your sheet that is 3 x 5 1/2. I have chosen a PP that is of the same color family, but darker in intensity. This one is also angled down and to the left.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


6. Your final piece of PP is a color that contrasts with your primary color. My primary color is yellow with blue being the
accent color. This piece of PP should be 2 x 4 1/2. You can see that it is glued higher but is still angled down and to the left.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


7. Attach your photo. I angled mine sightly down and toward the lower right corner.

8. I next added my feathers, ribbon with side, borders, buttons, alphas, and rub ons.

I thought the feathers would be a fun texture to the page. Both of my boys were dressed in matching sweats. DS is missing a shoe which is why I have the arrow pointing to his little shoeless foot! And, then, the title was born!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I hope you liked this Monday Musing Mini Lesson that was posted on Tuesday. (ACKKKK) If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Now, I promised a RAK to someone who posted on Sunday's entry. DH picked a number from 1 - 6 and selected #4 who is Alison! WTG, Ali! Having him pick the number takes the pressure off me, LOL! Ali, I will be sending something to you.

Now, anyone who posts to TODAY'S MINI MUSING MINI LESSON will be eigible for next week's RAK! Also, if you are in a foreign country, you're included, too! Come on, gals - leave a comment so I know how I'm doing! LOL I don't know if doing a lesson is helpful or not.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good one!

4 comments:

Alison said...

So cute Chris! Are all of those swirly thingies rubons? They look great!

Yippee!! I love RAK's! Thanks Chris!!

Alison said...

Chris look at the dots for all of those visitors to your blog!! Do you know people in all those countries??

Lauren M. said...

Congrats Alison! Love this LO Chris - you have such great pictures to work with:)

twinsand2boys said...

another cute page Chris!