Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've Been a Bad Blogger!

I cannot believe that it is almost mid January and I haven't blogged in weeks! I've been busy with projects and the holidays. I hope your holidays were wonderful! Ours were!

I spent one week making an album. I seriously spent a whole week on it! I never said I was a speedy scrapper! I've made it to sell, so if you are interested, let me know. Make me an offer! It did turn out really well. When I first planned the album, I thought it would work for us. However, as I got into the album, I realized that it needed children, grandchildren, family. We have no grandchildren and our son is a man. Our family is just the three of us plus our daughter in law. It just needs kid photos. Sometimes, scrapping is hard because I don't have little ones to photograph. Let me tell you a little bit about the album.

Photobucket


This is a chipboard album that has been covered with PPs and embellished. There are lots of spaces for journaling, too!

For the cover "B," I covered it in green PP and then made another "B" that was slightly smaller and glued it leaving the green border. There is a sparkly pointsettia in the center and lots of ribbons on the rings. I also used three metal giant "eyelets" on each page to reinforce the album. The backside of whatever side has the eyelets has donut shaped matching reinforcements to give it a finished look.

Photobucket


Because these two pages are small, I chose to make the left side for journaling. The border of the journaling tag is rimmed in red metallic paint which adds just the right amount of sparkle. The page on the right has a small photo mat with some rhinestone centered Primas.

Photobucket


Both pages have mats which were cut with my Nestie dies. The page on the right shows text from a Christmas poem. The flowers match the colors perfectly.

Photobucket


The page on the left has punched borders on the mat. There is a little notation sticker in the lower left corner that has metallic red and green printed on it. A photo will slip behind the Merry Christmas twill that has been accentuated with prima flowers.

The right page is relatively smple. There is a journaling tag beneath the photo mat. The brads are a cream color and the ribbon, as well as the brads, match the PP.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The left page has been rimmed in loopy ribbon in a cream color. I added suede-like brads, a Bazzill velvet flower with prima flower, button, and ribbon. The tag is on pop dots. The cream colored paper has been cut and mounted to accentuate the scalloped border.

The right side has a journaling tag beneath the mat. The top mat also flips up to reveal two more photo mats beneath. The jingle bells in the corners have silver cord. The mats beneath are also embellished.

Photobucket


Photobucket


The left page has glittered stockings and Christmas trees to add just that touch of sparkle! On the right, there is a tag for journaling beneath the photo mat (which I forgot to tuck in), chipboard and matching Prima flowers. The photo corners are red metallic. I lined up the PP on the right page so that the lines are all aligned perfectly.

Photobucket


Photobucket


For these pages, I used rhinestone accents and square, red metallic brads. The Santa is fabric, and there is a journaling tag behind the photo mat on the right. The label on the left page is rimmed with metallic red and green.

I am so glad that you stopped by! It means so much that you took the time to see what I've been up to! Please come back as my front door is always open to you and there is always a cup of hot chocolate waiting for you!

XO,

Chris

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Absolutely beautiful Chris, well worth the weeks work. Hope it sells, although I wouldn't want to part with it, if it were mine.

Lauren M. said...

Your album is absolutely gorgeous! I can't imagine parting with it:) Maybe you should keep it for when you do have grandkids!

Anonymous said...

I love this album it's fabulous you did such an outstanding job here

Michelle said...

Girl you ROCK! this is beautiful, what a keepsake!!