Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How Was Your 4th of July?

Did you have fun? Was the long weekend a good one? Ours was quiet. It is just too hot to go out. Over the past couple of months, I've already whined enough about the heat. I honestly feel guilty with having the air conditioner run as much as it does to keep us cool. We don't run any major appliances during the peak hours - washer, dryer, oven, etc. I guess I'm helping out a little bit by not doing that. I try to use the crockpot to minimize cooking and heating up the kitchen. My scrap room is very hot. I have a fan going in there whenever I'm in there scrapping. I'm still warm even with that blowing directly on me. Come on November!

I did a LO yesterday that is just so so. I don't know what else I could have done to make it better. If you have any ideas, I'm open for them! I thought the theme might be something our son might appreciate some day - or not, LOL.

That is me in the photo. My mom and my aunt told me that the coat and hat were a beautiful emerald green. I used that info to make this monochromatic LO. It's too much, huh? The photo was in black and white. Using Photoshop, I made the coat and hat green. The rest of the photo is still in the black and white. Sometimes, I just surprise myself with what I can do in Photoshop! I am strictly a trial and error person when it comes to Photoshop!

In the pocket are strips. Each strip has two tiny photos. One photo is of something from my childhood that we had in our home or I remember from my grandparents' homes. The other photo is the modern component. If you look carefully, the photo in the center of the pocket has something that looks like a "V." That was our refrigerator when I was growing up. If you pulled down on one side of the "V," the door would open from one side. If you pulled down on the other side of the "V," the door would open from the other side! It was sooooo cool! My mom was just tickled when she got it. So, the counterpart photo is the beautiful stainless double fridge and freezer in my kitchen. The tiny photo you see in the right, back, looks like a fly swatter. It is a photo of a carpet beater! I remember my grandmother taking the rugs out into her back yard, hanging them over the clothes line, and then whacking all the dust out of it with the carpet beater. Sometimes, I would even get to do it. The matching photo is of our Dyson vacuum. I thought it would be fun to record these things. Each strip also has some written journaling regarding the items in the photos. The ticket under the clockface says "Always Remember."

Photobucket

Then and Now

Thanks for stopping by! I'll have something more to share really soon.

Blessings,
Chris

2 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

That lo is just stunning!!! Its just magical. love that you used to colour scheme fro what the real colours were.

Laura-Lee said...

Just beautiful Chris! Your work is so fresh, vibrant and inspiring!!