Friday, July 16, 2010

A Moment to Treasure

I've been a busy bee this week. Today, I would like to share the LO I finished last night.

This LO really started in the Fall. DH and I sat and watched the movie, "UP," and just loved it! We both got misty eyed. I know we both saw parallels in our lives together with the life Carl and Ellie had together. At that time, I just knew there was a LO in there somewhere.

Just after Christmas, DH traveled to AZ to help his dad open up the winter house. While he was gone, I purchased a DVD of the movie. I sat and watched it. Once again, I was all teary eyed. I took notes as I watched the movie. I knew I needed info from the movie and wouldn't be able to watch it when DH was home. That would ruin his surprise!

Months passed. My wheels kept turning as I pondered the LO in the back of my mind. I knew which PP to use with the house on it. I was unhappy with all the cloud papers out there until I saw this one. Because it had grass and trees, I thought it was perfect to ground my LO.

Last night, I sequestered myself in my scrap room and started assembling all the precut pieces. What you see is the final result. Now that DH has been given his surprise gift of love, I've pulled the DVD from the pocket behind the house and replaced it with a love letter to DH. When DH saw the LO, he got all misty eyed! It really touched his heart!

Some of the balloons are elevated on pop dots. I didn't like the clouds as they seemed lost on the paper. By sewing around the perimeters of the clouds, they became more visible. There is a little heart where the strings tie. It says, "Made with Love." I added some bling to the flower centers and took a phrase from the movie for my title - "Thanks for the Adventure." TFL!

Photobucket
Thanks for the Adventure

Thanks again for stopping by! Love you guys!

Blessings,
Chris

4 comments:

Cassie said...

This is so amazing!!! I absolutely adore it!!! Glad to see you posting over at ScrapGal!!! I love your layouts!!!
=)

Jamiecrafts said...

beautiful Chris, as always!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

This layout is so beautiful, and the story behind it really touched my heart! I'm so happy your hubby appreciated it, too!

Sharon Sprouse said...

Chris, your layout is stunning and the story even more fantastic....thanks for sharing your life and your talent with us!!