Thursday, July 15, 2010

Spellbinder Nestabilities Storage Idea

Hello from a very hot southern Utah! It's supposed to be 110° by the weekend. Too hot to do a single thing!

I wanted to share with you how I store my Nestabilities. Yes, I tried the clear plastic CD boxes, but even all those little clear plastic cases took up way too much space. I wasn't pleased with the result at all. Then, one day, I was going through my music CDs which are stored in a small metal carrier with a sturdy lock and handle. The lightbulb in my mind went off and my Nestabilities storage issue was solved in such a nice way!

Below is a photo of the carrier. It is filled with about 180 pockets - four pockets on each side of the page (8 per page). Well, why not use it for the Nestabilities? I kept them on their backing cardstock - the taped one - which came in the packages when purchased. I did, however, cut them down and curve the edges so that they would fit better in each pocket. The flaps fold over the opening. For the larger Nestabilities, the super long ones, I have used two pockets. One end goes in a pocket and the other end goes into the adjacent pocket. Because I have so many larger ones, I stick another set in the second pocket and reverse the process.

I cannot tell you how delighted I am with this! Here's a look:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have filled almost all of the pages, LOL! It is so wonderful having all my Nestabilities in one place. The case is so strong that it can take the weight of all those sets. When I fill the entire case (which won't be too long), I'll start a second one. It is a compact way of storing a ton of metal Nestabiities.

Next, I'd like to share a LO I did of DS. I used OA papers and elevated a ton of the components using foam dots. I love how this turned out. It's just so happy! DS is about three in this photo. My mom had given him a Mickey Mouse phone for Christmas. He had her number memorized right away! The phone spent years on the dresser next to his bed. I miss my mom. I miss DS. I wish he lived closer.

Photobucket

Thank you for stopping by. I'm fighting a migraine and am going to hit the hay! I hope you are well. I love that you cared enough to come by. Thank you for that. You are wonderful!

XO,
Chris

5 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

Great storage solution Chris and I simply love the layout you created, it's so vibrant and full of lovely details.
Hope your migraine get better soon.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! That you for this great idea....definitely going to start storing my dies and stamps this way. One of these days I hope to be more organized!

Christine said...

Love your die storage, Chris! Mine is almost identical. I love how easy it is to find everything, and that if you are trying to nest dies, you don't have to take out a whole bunch of individual cd cases to see what fits best, you can just hold them up in front of the clear sleeves. (hmm, did that make sense to anyone other than me? lol)

I bought a sheet of magnet from Dick Blick and cut it up to fit the sleeves. Each sheet did about 15 pockets. The magnets really add some weight though.

Ronda Archangelo said...

Clever ladies...thanks for sharing!!

Sharon said...

This is so cool Chris. Thanks so much for sharing this idea with us. I'll definitely have to try this out. A fabulous idea. hugs Sharon x