Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's a Mid May Monday!

Well, not quite Monday, but in a couple of hours it will be!

We've had a really windy weekend! I felt sorry for my little hummingbirds! I hope they hung on! They sure needed to! Other than that, it's been a great week!

I don't have a lot to chat about - relief, huh? LOL But, I do have a card to share with you. I made another graduation Tilda. This time, it's a girly version. The primary paper is a lovely black with silver swirls. So, I kept the black and silver theme throughout.
The flash sort of bleached out Tilda, but you get the idea.

This is the cover of the card. I used some silver ink to tip the flowers. There are also some silver roses. The sentiment tag has been elevated on pop dots.



This is the inside of the card. Again, I used the black and silver swirl paper as well as some black floral paper. The punched border strip is done on silver foil cardstock, but it looks white. There is a cap and diploma charm hanging in the loer right corner.



This is the inside, lower half, of the card. I've used a Magnolia stamp and added a cute little graduation themed charm suspended from the flowers.



Thank you so much for visiting. I so appreciate the time you took to do so.

XO,
Chris

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog - Glitzy (ends 5/21)
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Graduation (ends 5/21)
Art Impressions Stamps - Decorate the interior - (ends 5/19)
http://ssdschallenge.blogspot.com/- Use Old Supplies (ends 5/20)

20 comments:

Zoe said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous! I just love the black card with all the embellishments and Tilda is of course coloured beautifully. Sorry I haven't been around much hun. Sending you big hugs xxoo

Beth said...

Beautiful card, Chris! I love everything about it!

Christina C. said...

This is gorgeous, Chris! I love the silver/black color combination...very classy! Stunning inside and out!!!! Awesome coloring too!

Karen said...

This is so beautiful! : )

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Chris,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Card Crazy said...

Oh Chris, that's just lovely. Black and White make such a stunning combination and Tilda looks so proud of herself!
Sue S.

Myrna said...

Just beautiful Chris!

Sandy said...

Oh Chris - this card is outstanding! Your coloring is amazing. The colors you have selected to use could not be more perfect for a graduation card. Elegant is what you call it - elegant and beautiful!!! You do pretty and I do pigs - oh well!
XO
Sandy

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, such elegance! Such a stunning card with the black and silver. You've colored Tilda to perfection and I love that little charm you added. Perfect Grad card!
Hugs,

Barb

Unknown said...

Wow Chris this card is absolutely stunning!!!! Wow what an awesome job on this card.I love the black and white theme!!!!!! Wow way to go!!!!

Rosie said...

Wowzers girl, this is stunning! The papers are absolutely fabulous and the details are amazing! Wish I was graduating so you could send it to me, haha! You never disappoint my friend. I love the attention to detail on the inside too. You went above & beyond on this one. Love ya, Rosie :)

Barb F said...

very nice card!!

Peggie said...

Fabulous card. Love the way you colored Tilda.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Chris! I love the black and white combination and your coloring is beautiful too. I need to get this image! Have a great week! hugs, Angela

Suzanne J Dean said...

Fabulously done Chris! Love the papers and silver accents--wonderfully done!

You need to SUBMIT to the magazine I publish (hint, hint) LOL!

hugz,
Suzanne

Bea said...

Gorgeous card :o) Love all the black on it

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this time

Bea

Karen said...

I was here earlier this week and love this card! Just wanted to say thanks for joining us at MSL! : )

tt.scraps said...

Such a great card!! Love the coloring and the image!
Thanks for playing along with us on SSDS this week!
Hope you come play again!
Tammy, SSDS DT :)

The Mama Monkey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks so much for playing with SSDS this week!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Chris, this graduation card is gorgeous!!! I love the black and white! It's so formal and classy! Beautiful work my friend!
hugs, Shaorn