Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hooked on Craft Challenge #6 - Things with Wings

Good Monday morning fellow card makers! I hope your week will be off to a wonderful start!

This week, Hooked on Craft Challenges wants you to take on the challenge of Things with Wings ! This challenge will run from August 22 until September 3. This challenge is so open, that it shouldn't be hard for you to complete. You could incorporate fairies, butterflies, dragonflies, even angels! The winged element may be found anywhere on your card - the stamped image, an embellishment, and even your paper! You know the lovely Karen will have the perfect prize for the winner!

Photobucket


For my card, I chose to not only use Butterfly Bear With Flower, but I decided to put his little wings to good use by having him float in the air! Because I created an "A" frame card, Mr. Bear can swing in and out with a touch.

Photobucket


His sweet little flower has dimension as well. I chose to cover the flower petals and center with Flower Soft. I used a bright yellow for the outer areas, a pale yellow for the inner areas, and green for the flower center. I love how it gives the flower a velvety look!

I accented the card by using an assortment of gorgeous flowers from Hooked On Craft. I began by first placing the green Gardenia and building outward.

Next, I added Star Flowers which were white. The thing I so love about the white flowers is that I can make the any color I need! In this case, I needed yellow. So, I colored each one using two different yellow Copic markers. Easy peasy, right? You bet!

I absolutely love Calla Lilies - real and paper! Karen has WONDERFUL Calla Lilies. For this card, I chose the lemon ones.

Next, I accented the flower cluster with green Mulberry Leaves (medium and small) as well has a heart trinket pin. The finishing touches were swirl die cuts and banner by Magnolia, Prima flowers, brads, and a mulberry butterfly with pale green rhinestones.

I hope you will create a wonderful card for Hooked on Craft Challenges. You have until September 3! I cannot wait to see what you create!

XO,
Chris



18 comments:

Jackie Thomas said...

Oh my goodness Chris, what an amazing card and what a clever idea. I love how he swings in the air. You've coloured him perfectly and I really love the flower soft. Another fabby creation. Hope you're well.
Huge hugs my lovely friend.
xo

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Love the cute image and your colours, great work
hugs Julie P

Sandy said...

Okay Chris - calm it down for a while. Here I am trying to make a card and I still want to answer you last e-mail and you post another wonderful creation!!!!! Wonderful Chris and I love your swirls. I have used the same Magnolia punch on the card I am working on now. I think you have wings!!
Sandy

Card Crazy said...

What a truly magical card! This is just wonderful, with the adorable swinging bear (love that DP, BTW, have to get me some more). This is the neatest idea and I WILL be CASEing it, guaranteed.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, what a cutie patootie! Love how you added the flower soft to the flower - I forget I have some most of the time! I've always called this card style a tent card, but an A-frame card is just the ticket! Your bear is too cute and I love how you suspended him on two chains. Your dp is awesome - such a pretty contrast to the yellow in the background. Beautiful....hugs...Barb

Rene said...

Darling! I love that sentiment in the corner and your swirls (sadly I do not have a machine that makes swirls! Poor me...LOL!)! Super fantastic!
Rene :D

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful, Chris!!! Love the pretty papers and he is soooo adorable! Beautiful flower with the flower soft! You always embellish a card so beautifully! Your flowers are all gorgeous! Another beautiful creation my friend!
hugs, Sharon

Jean said...

Oh Chris, this is so adorable.. I LOVE your little angel bear and the adorable flowers.. your colorsa are so gorgeous and love how you incorporated the swirl.. this is just another fabulous card.. keep churning them out..
Hugs, Jean

paola said...

yellow and i are not friend i can never make it look very good, but i totally love this color combo of yours and the image is so darn cut, love that you made a tent card and dangle your teddy, just perfect! The touch of flower soft is the perfect touch to finish it off with too, TFS
smiles
Paola

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful and gorgeous tent card Chris. The texture on the flower and sparkle on the wings. Looks a perfect combo of texture!!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Madge H. said...

Chris, what a wonderful contrast of black and yellow. You have added the swirls and flowers beautifully.
~ rubber hugs ~

Barb said...

OOooooh Chris, this is such an adorable card, you just have to smile when looking at it!
Thanks for sharing,
Barb

Elle said...

Cute card! I love the use of the Magnolia dies.

Christina C. said...

What a delightful card, Chris....love the paper and the gorgeous swirls! Beautifully colored image....simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love your card! Your coloring is wonderful as are all the embellishments. Great job!
Nancy

Unknown said...

Wow Chris what a wonderful job on this card!!!! Super super adorable!!!! The papers are gorgeous and so is your image!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Peggie said...

What a cutie. Love the colors.

pinkstampergirl said...

Oh WOW Chris, I love this little bear so very beautiful! I really love the flowers and the DP you used. Your coloring is superb!
Hugs. Briana