Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Magnolia Chef Edwin & Soup's On Tilda


Happy Valentine's Day Dearest Readers,

I hope you had a wonderful day filled with love!

Today, I finished a card that I had started last week. I needed to let my ideas bounce around in my head for a bit before I decided how to proceed using my Tilda and Edwin. Finally, a clear picture began to emerge in my mind. The card below is the end result. I just cracked up when I read the sentiment for the stamp I used. I knew I had to buy it! Since I first saw the sentiment, I've laughed each time I've read it! It makes me smile. I don't understand why the text didn't show up well in the photo, though. It is nice and dark on the card. Go figure. Maybe the lighting hit it at a bad angle. Here it is:



I thought that Chef Edwin was a perfect pairing with Soup's On Tilda. The chef's knife that Edwin was holding really bothered me. He looked like a character in a "slasher" movie, LOL. So, I masked the knife out and added a carrot instead! I liked that look so much better! LOL My papers are Siri's Kitchen. My buttons are Basic Grey, the flowers are from my supply.

I also finished the inside of the card with the cooking theme. Here is the interior:



I don't know if there is a vintage feel to the card. There is inking along the edges in a creamy brown. Tilda and Edwin have been watercolored with highlights from my Prismacolor pencils.

This card is for sale ----->

My Etsy Shop


Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you like my creation. Please, if you have time, stop by my Etsy Shop. There might be something there that you might like to get! I'm always looking for a bargain!

I hope you will return again very soon!

XO,

Chris

2 comments:

Julie P said...

Just beautiful Chris, I love your choice of stamps and the pretty design, nicely done xo Julie P

Janie Printz said...

Love it Chris, you always make my day with your amazing cards. Love all the little touches you've added. Hope you are doing well ...
hugs, Janie